Thai Green Curry
1¾ cup coconut milk, divided
50 g (~3 Tbsp) green curry paste
1 cup chicken stock, unsalted
450g chicken thigh, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tbsp palm sugar, finely chopped (can substitute brown or granulated sugar, see note)
1½ - 2 tbsp fish sauce
3-4 kaffir lime leaves, roughly torn
1½ cup bamboo shoots, canned (can use sliced or strips)
1 cup Thai basil
1 spur chillies or ¼ red bell pepper, julienned
Jasmine rice for serving
1. Start by adding your cooking oil to a pan and sautéing the Thai green curry paste over a medium heat.
2. Once fragrant, reduce the heat and gradually add your coconut milk. Keep stirring until the oil surfaces.
3. Add chicken thigh and stir to mix with the paste.
4. Add kaffir lime leaves, chicken stock, remaining 1 cup of coconut milk, palm sugar and 1 tbsp fish sauce. Bring to a simmer and let simmer gently for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is fork tender.
5. Once the curry is done simmering, add bamboo shoots and bring to a boil. If you prefer your peppers to be more cooked, add them at this stage. Once boiling, remove from heat.
6. Taste and add more fish sauce and/or sugar as needed.
7. Stir in Thai basil and spur chillies or bell peppers.
8. Serve with jasmine rice
This recipe for Thai curry calls for chicken, but feel free to add a plant-based alternative for your meat-free guests. We recommend a firm tofu to absorb the beautiful flavours!
Τα Προϊόντα που θα χρειαστείς:
BAMBOO SHOOT SLICES IN WATER 227g TWIN ELEPHANTS
BAMBOO SHOOT STRIPS IN WATER 227g TWIN ELEPHANTS
CHILLI DRIED 100g THAI DANCER
LIME LEAVES DRIED 25g THAI DANCER
TOFU FIRM 349g MORINAGA
JASMINE RICE (GOLD) 1kg ROYAL TIGER
CHICKEN SOUP POWDER 87g LOBO
VEGETARIAN GREEN CURRY PASTE 400g MAE PLOY
FISH SAUCE 60ml SQUID
BASIL PASTE 200g THAI DELIGHT
GREEN CURRY PASTE 50g NAMJAI
PALM SUGAR 260g JEENY'S
KAFFIR LIME LEAVES 100g BDMP