Indian Chicken Biryani
1½ cups basmati rice
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 medium onion sliced root to tip
1 bay leaf
¼ tsp ground cardamom
¾ tsp ground cinnamon
¾ tsp turmeric
¾ tsp salt
4 (about 1¾ pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into large pieces
5 tbsp biryani curry paste or mild curry paste
½ cup raisins or currants
3 cups chicken broth
¾ cup frozen peas thawed
¼ cup chopped cilantro
½ cup sliced almonds toasted
1. Soak rice in warm water for 10 min, then rinse in cold water until the water runs clear; drain well in a fine sieve.
2. Heat butter in a 4- to 5-quart casserole or Dutch oven over medium heat and add the onion and bay leaf; cook until soft, about 10 min.
3. Stir in the cardamom, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, chicken, and curry paste and cook until aromatic, about 2 min.
4. Stir in rice, raisins and broth. Cover, increase heat and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until chicken is done, 15 to 18 min.
5. Uncover and cook until liquid is gone, about 5 min. Turn off heat, replace lid and let stand for 10 min.
6. Gently stir in the peas and half the cilantro. Top with the rest of the cilantro and almonds when serving.
Τα Προϊόντα που θα χρειαστείς: